International Junior Fellow – Clinical Observership
CSC offers a clinical observership for junior surgeons wishing to pursue a long-term career in either of our surgical specialities (orthopaedics, plastics, ENT, ophthalmology). The fellowship is 6-12 months. This is an unpaid position although you may be able to obtain funds from other sources to support your application. CSC can only support one international junior fellow at a time in each of the specialities.
We would consider this role as an observer, giving the junior surgical fellow exposure to the vast array of surgical pathology and techniques used at CSC. The fellow would be welcome to attend clinic, ward rounds and scrub into cases under the supervision of the CSC surgical team. However, our priorities are to give teaching and training to the local surgical residents first.
This is not an accredited fellowship with any international university or institution, but the learning opportunities are plentiful in the context of global surgery and neglected disease. It will be expected that the international junior fellow contributes to the morning teaching programme and undergo an audit or reserch project, with the aim of at least one peer review publication or national presentation.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a registered and fully licensed doctor in your country of origin
- Have a nominated educational surgical supervisor from your country of origin who agrees to support your time here with accompanying letter of reference
- Provide a letter of career intention, objectives for your time here and career goals
- Provide CV
- State intended weeks of visit
- Please email email@example.com and include the relevant information/materials listed above